It is important to use the correct terms and to understand the differences in meaning of terms that may be used across multiple sectors. This can help to avoid confusion or misunderstandings when working across sectors. Here are some key terms used in mainstreaming biodiversity into mining.
- Biodiversity – what is it, where is it, and why is it important?
- What do we mean by ‘mining’?
- What do we mean by ‘EMP’?
- Glossary of terms in the Mining and Biodiversity Guidelines
- How is biodiversity protected or secured?