Participants of the joint 2017 Biodiversity Information Management and Foundational Biodiversity Information Programme (FBIP).
The 14th annual Biodiversity Information Management Forum , hosted by SANBI, was held from the 13th to the 17th August at the Salt Rock Hotel and Beach Resort in KwaZulu-Natal. This year’s event was again exceedingly well attended, boasting over 200 participants.
Some of the main thematic areas of this year’s Forum included:
- Integration of biodiversity planning into the SIPs
- Protected area expansion
- Ecosystem classification and mapping
- Assessing and mapping ecological condition
- National Land Cover 2013/14
- Implementing biodiversity plans
Please click here for the 2017 Biodiversity Planning Forum programme and click on the below links to access the presentations.