The BGIS interactive maps has various tools that allows users to view, analyse or edit. Once maps have been edited users can print or export the map.
To print a map:
- Click on the “Tasks” tab icon found at the top, left side of the Map Window.
- Click on the “Print” button.
- Customize the interactive map by adding a map title and description, setting the map scale and creating a printable file in either an image (.jpeg, .bmp, .gif, .png) or .pdf format.
- Once the desired settings are chosen, click on “Print”
- When the map is ready, click on the “Open File” button. The map should then open in the browser. Save the map.
To export an image:
- To convert the annotated map to an image, click on the “Export” button.
- Select the format of image(.jpeg, .bmp, .gif, .png, .pdf, .tif or GeoTiff.)
- Tick the “Include Georeference Data” button if the spatial reference is required.
- Press the “Create Image” button
- Once the image is created, click on the “View Image” button to download and display the image.
- If “Include Georeference Data” was checked, the image will download automatically as a zipped folder. If it was left unchecked the exported image will open in the web browser and needs to be saved.