Araliaceae - Seemannaralia R.Vig.
- Tree or large shrub
- Leaves simple, digitately lobed and veined, toothed, petiolate; stipules adnate to petiole
- Flowers in axillary and terminal panicles of umbels
- Calyx indistinctly 5-toothed; tube saucer-shaped
- Petals 5, slightly imbricate
- Stamens 5; anthers ± as long as filaments, ovate, sagittate
- Ovary 2-locular; styles thick, somewhat cohering
- Fruit flattened, elliptic with lateral veins
- Seeds solitary by abortion, discoid
- Seemannaralia R.Vig.
- Viguier: 116 (1906)
- Burtt & Dickinson: 449 (1975)
Distribution & Notes:
- Southern Africa: Species 1: Seemannaralia gerrardii (Seem.) R.Vig.; Northern Province and Mpumalanga to KwaZulu-Natal and Eastern Cape border area